We Fight To Protect Your Rights

Compassionate Legal Representation In Wrongful Death

The sudden death of a loved one can cause unimaginable grief, which the victim’s family and friends will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Learning to live the rest of your life without a husband, wife, child or parent can seem like an insurmountable challenge. To make matters worse, when a loved one’s death was wrongfully caused by the negligent, reckless or intentional acts of another, the surviving family members may be left with financial hardships.

When a loved one dies due to someone else’s actions, be it an individual or a company, they ought to be held responsible for that wrong. If your loved one suffered before they died, money can be recovered and disbursed to their beneficiaries. Maryland’s wrongful death statute provides that the spouse, children and maybe even parents of the departed can seek compensation.

How We Can Help You Through The Process

If you have lost someone dear to you and think that someone is responsible for their death, you should consult an attorney immediately. At Ortega Law, LLC, we have the experience, dedication and compassion to seek justice. We have helped families in Anne Arundel County fight for the rights of injury victims and their loved ones to get the compensation they deserve.

As a surviving spouse, child or parent of the deceased individual, you can file a wrongful death claim and seek to recover damages, including the following losses:

  • Companionship and filial care
  • Future financial contributions to a family
  • Counsel, education, advice and attention

Fair compensation may also include pain and suffering by the victim and family members. An individual may file a wrongful death claim within three years after a loved one’s death. Certain exceptions may apply, which is why it is vital to get personalized legal counsel from an experienced wrongful death attorney.

Call Today To Learn More

Schedule a free initial consultation with one of our compassionate attorneys today. Call 410-650-8543 or fill out our confidential online form.