The Criminal Defense Attorneys You Need In Your Corner
Criminal charges can be life-threatening, and the judicial system in Maryland can be intimidating. The impact of criminal charges can affect you, your family, your job and your reputation. We understand that, and because we do, we will provide you with knowledge of your rights and legal options to help you make informed decisions.
Representation From Your First Encounter With The Police
Our goal is to relieve some of your stress by guiding you through the legal process. We will be there every step of the way to answer your questions and fight to get you the best possible result. The lawyers at Ortega Law, LLC, provide clients in Anne Arundel County, including Annapolis, Pasadena and Glen Burnie, with complete criminal defense representation in all matters, including:
- Drug possession and distribution
- Burglary and robbery cases
- Traffic violations
- Theft crimes
- Juvenile crimes
- Violation of Probation (VOP) hearings
- Assault accusations
- Sex offenses
- Assistance in all issues related to protective and peace orders
Violation Of Probation
Successfully completing probation is one of the hardest things an individual can do in life. A lot can go wrong when trying to follow the strict mandates of unsympathetic probation officers. Pitfalls include completing drug, alcohol or anger management classes, strict reporting requirements and restitution payments.
Typically, when the probation officer sends the report to the probation judge asking for a warrant, an individual will find themselves in handcuffs and having to pay bail. Others might find themselves without bail at all. Retaining an experienced criminal defense attorney early is the key to getting the best result possible in an alleged VOP hearing. From representation at bail review through the hearing itself, a strong advocate is needed to argue on an individual’s behalf.
Motions For Modification
If a judge has entered a sentence, you still have the right to ask that judge to modify your sentence at some later time. If done effectively, motions for modification can reduce the original sentence given by a judge. The attorneys Ortega Law, LLC, have the experience necessary to protect this valuable right and to use it effectively.
You have the right to a direct appeal after sentencing. Our attorneys have experience in filing and executing your appeal. We also have experience in collateral appeals.
Expungement Of Criminal And Traffic Records
We also offer services to help remove your criminal and traffic records from the public eye. Some crimes and traffic matters can be expunged from public records, while others cannot. Contact us to see if your criminal/traffic records can be expunged – doing so could mean a better job and life for you and your family.
If you’ve been accused of a crime and are facing criminal charges, you might be asking yourself, how can I find good criminal defense lawyers near me? Top criminal defense law attorneys work to keep you out of jail and protect your reputation. When you need representation, the criminal defense law firm of Ortega Law, LLC, is here for you. We represent individuals charged with misdemeanors and felonies in Anne Arundel County.
Know Your Rights
Knowing your rights is essential to protecting them, for example:
- You have the right to remain silent. In order to exercise this right, you have to tell the police officer that you wish to remain silent and then remain silent.
- You have the right to an attorney if you have been arrested and are being questioned or interrogated by the police and feel that you are not free to leave. In order to exercise this right, you have to tell the police officer that you want to speak to an attorney. Ask for one and remain silent until you are provided one.
- You have the right to be free from unreasonable searches. You should never consent to a search of your person, your car or your home. The police need a warrant or other legal justification to search you, your car, or your home without your consent.
Learn More About Your Options
When you need a skilled and committed criminal defense lawyer, contact us today at 410-650-8543. You can also reach us using this secure online form. Get the legal advice and representation you deserve.